Tuesday, September 18, 2012

F3 and Dallas Pride

Whew!  I've had a hell of a weekend between participating in the F3 conference and volunteering with Youth First Texas to set up the Alan Ross Freedom Parade (Dallas's Pride parade).  There were a few hiccups at F3, but considering it was the first of it's kind I was very impressed and can't wait to attend or participate in it once again in the future.  As for Pride, we worked from 6:30am to 1:30pm in the rain, suffered one casualty (a torn ligament), and had to scream ourselves hoarse dealing with drunk people while trying to set up barricades, but like every year it's always worth it.  Pride is one of those special events where I feel truly connected to my community and happy to help it in whatever way I can.  Thanks to all of you who helped or attended F3 or Pride or both.  I'm hoping to post some more pictures and YouTube links of the events once those become available.  Until then, never hide your pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment