Sunday, February 3, 2013

North Texas Secular Convention!


Come see me next weekend at the North Texas Secular Convention.  I'll be giving my talk on "Raising Gender-Conscious Freethinkers".  I don't want to give too much away, but one of the discussions will be about queering mainstream media so it teaches lessons we want to teach, rather than heteronormativity.  Yes, this means making Disney movies enjoyable again.

I'm so excited to hang out with a big crowd of godless heathens once again.  And I'm lucky enough to be sharing the podium with these other awesome people!
  • Elyse Anders
  • Ben Blanchard
  • August Brunsman
  • Natalie Casanova
  • Greta Christina
  • Brian Dalton
  • Jerry DeWitt
  • Matt Dillahunty
  • JT Eberhard
  • David Fitzgerald
  • Kelley Freeman
  • Sikivu Hutchinson
  • Zack Kopplin
  • Anthony Pinn
  • Beth Presswood
  • Aron Ra
  • David Smalley
  • Sam Singleton
  • Katherine Stewart
  • David Tamayo
Holy crap!  Is that a bad-ass speaker line-up to be associated with or what?  And rather than lasting one day as it did last year now it's for Three Days!  And the best part is members of the Secular Student Alliance get their tickets for free.  That's right, free.  So what are you waiting for?  Get your tickets now and I'll see you on Saturday!

Don't you wish you could have been a part of this in 2012?  Well this year is going to be even better!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to be there and see you and everyone else, Dorian.

    ReplyDelete